606.) President Barack Obama’s bias is showing yet again. This time dealing with the Occupy Wall Street Protesters. When the Tea Party first arose, he ignored it, then he down played it, then he mocked it, then he treated them as simpltons. He never once treated the TEA Party as people who should be listened to, he never treated them like they were concerned Americans, he respondended with mockery. The Occupy Wall Street Protestors however, have meet understanding and compassion from the President. President Obama said in an ABC interview, “The most important thing we can do right now is those of us in leadership letting people know that we understand their struggles and we are on their side, and that we want to set up a system in which hard work, responsibility, doing what you’re supposed to do, is rewarded, and that people who are irresponsible, who are reckless, who don’t feel a sense of obligation to their communities and their companies and their workers that those folks aren’t rewarded.” I think the reason why the TEA Party is hated is because they questioned him. But that doesn’t make sense, especially when you consider the recent information released by the Wall Street Journal. It does not look good for the President according to the information the WSJ released, it appears as though 51% of these protestors do not approve of the Presidents job. Maybe that is why he is reaching out and trying to tell them that he is listening, as opposed to how he treated the tea party. Maybe this is a sign of maturity, or growth from the President. He ignored the last populus movement that sprang up in the country and he and his party had their free reign under the sun cut short, maybe he is trying to avoid that this time. It is far more likely however that he is far more willing to support the Occupy Wall Street Protestors because they believe in the same things he believes in, the redistribution of wealth, blame others for your problems, big government.
607.) President Obama gave a stirring speech at the dedication of the Martian Luther King Jr. Monument in Washington. Of course President Obama did not want to waste this time to win over some browny points with the Occupy Wall Street Protesters. He said in regaurds to MLK “If he were alive today, I believe he would remind us that the unemployed worker can rightly challenge the excesses of Wall Street without demonizing all who work there; that the businessman can enter tough negotiations with his company’s union without vilifying the right to collectively bargain. He would want us to know we can argue fiercely about the proper size and role of government without questioning each other’s love for this country with the knowledge that in this democracy, government is no distant object but is rather an expression of our common commitments to one another. He would call on us to assume the best in each other rather than the worst, and challenge one another in ways that ultimately heal rather than wound.” It is obvious that this was directed to the movement that is sweeping the nation known as the Occupy Wall Street Protest. Now I watch the speech live, and I thought it almost sounded like he was saying that MLK would support the OWS movement. I have to take a pause, and remind the President, and more importantly you my readers, that this movement is comprised of many people who are concerned with the way the nation is going, I am not going to say that they are evil, or shouldn’t have their voices heard, but I think we need to look at what we are dealing with here. There have been many instances where this group has grown into something that I doubt MLK would support, I will give you what I have seen, and you can decide.
- Recently the Nazi Party of the United State endorsed the OWS Movement, stating that they share a common enemy, juo capitalist banksters, From their leader “they are agains the same evil corrupted,degenerate, capitalist that we are against” in the same message to his party he said, “Judo-capitalist banksters who swindled the American Taxpayers out of a trillion dollars in the bail out scam and continue to oppress the working class?!?”
- Occupy protesters in Portland sang the phrase “F!#$( the U.S.A.” over and over again, they had no other lyrics, just kept repeating the same phrase over and over again.
- Occupy Chicago gave a rousing welcome to the communist Party U.S.A. now President Obama and many of the political left will say that MLK would not have a problem with this, however his own Niece disagrees with this belief.
- When members of the Tea Party walked through the OWS crows they where curesd at and threatened.
- there are videos of Wall Street PRotestors peeing on squad cars
- I have seen many videos of bigots blaming the JEws for their problems, one such individual is known as the lotion man. (video here)
- In a recent poll released by the Wall Street Journal 31% of the protestors in Zucotti park believe that violence is okay to advance their agenda.
I doubt that MLK would support this group. Again he might support some of the ideals, but the behavior of these individuals does not look like the behavior of the people who marched with MLK on Washington. It shocks me that such a cheep political act like the linking movements, and bills that President Obama likes to something as improtant as the Civil Rights Movement, is accepted by the population of our great nation.